PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesian B737 runway overrun/crash
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2007, 10:21
galdian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having just gone through this topic for another reason just a few late questions/observations:

Craig Freir - CRM is a wasted a training culture in much of the world, if your company DOES NOT have a clear explanation of the required action/responses (yes, yet again "the pyramid" or similar) all the training in the world will not, generally, over-ride the cultural bottom line simply because you know you do not have the implicit, required legal obligation of support from the company.
A nice quote along the lines of "CRM is good and helps safety" is as much as you get for CRM in Ops Mans in many companies; if you have something far more defined be grateful because you know where you stand legally should you ever have to explain yourself to a court of inquiry!

Others:
- assuming my "classic" understanding is the same as others I have been landing 737-3/4 predominantely at Flap 30, 40 when required by operational circumstances; the ops manual reflects that Flaps 15, 30, 40 are Boeing certified landing flaps.
Someone says there is no "Flaps 30"
Having done same for 20 years should I be taken out and shot? (the wife would obviously suggest it's a damn fine idea but could we please rise above that?)

- further on the classic there is only boeing designed relief on overspeed with Flaps 40 set retracting to Flaps 30 (which, as alleged above by others, does not exist ), any other "relief" would be from the aerodynamics of the pilot "fcuking up speed wise" and not a boeing design nor recommendation.
Am I wrong??