PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlantique Sponsorship
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2007, 23:54
redhotchilly28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AAQ sponsorship, or shall we say RVL or AACF?!

Hi,

Just to let you eager fugs-to-be.. your right about the buy out thing, as we all know, AAQ have stopped operating ATRs.. and recon have now split from the group (nearly) This has Pros and cons, but as for you guys trying to get in, i can only see it as a slight advantage, as now AACF will take on fugs to be specifically AACF pilots, Im guessing anyway, they need someone to to the mugs! and RVL will take on fugs to be recon guys like us, either way im sure its a good way to start.. RVL is still based at CVT in one of the hangars and im sure it will thrive now a lot of the 'fat' has been removed..

there seems to be a lot of negativity among the flyers at the moment about getting rid of ATRs.. which i somewhat agree with, from a career POV, well MCC aircraft doing the cool type of work we did, well it would be fun and good for the career.. But at the end of the day, any for who may be disuaded from applying should think about the short-term, getting a foot on the ladder and getting some good experience from either classic or recon.. both have good types of flying.. Being a fug is a whole heap more than flying.. and the wrong type of organisation can turn you into a t**t, believe me, you will see them.. being a fug seems to get your flying to A1 standard (in my case D7!) and makes you a better person in general, on the way expect a varied life, never knowing whats happening tomorrow and meeting some great piers and making great friends. great times!!

RHC28