PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - <XP multiple log-ons & start-up utilities>
Old 8th Apr 2007, 20:20
Cypherus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The eight services example is only that, an experiment in how many services could actually be hacked off the list and still have a working computer connected too the internet at the end of it and eight was the minimum I got down too, however nothing much else worked correctly at all, so I suggest that unless your on a learning curve high currently and don't mind having an almost usless computer till you reset everything, carry on.

As to the Black Vipers offering, I said right out that it was a trial an error journey and it is just that, you may need to back track a number of times to arrive at an acceptable solution to your requirements, plain quest for speed or just one that runs fast enough, either way it's down to the hardware in the end.

To fast user switching not working, a number of things can cause this, some unrelated to services, one such is 'Off line files' being enabled.

First make sure you are not on a domain, next make sure that fast user switching is enabled, if you have set it to manual in services reset it too automatic and restart the service, In this case sounds like you may have turned 'off' Terminal services which will knock out F.U.S. check it is enabled again on automatic and restart it then try again.