PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Real Men don't go around - a fatal cultural flaw.
Old 8th Apr 2007, 19:16
PK-KAR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Galdian,
I wonder what the various uncertain and contradictory facts are? The preliminary report does not suggest a cover up. The police is ready to continue its criminal investigation, to which the NTSC report cannot be used as evidence... knowing the police here, they'd probably want to slam the pilots into jail regardless.

All the talk about fixation or partial incap came as a result of the data presented, and is subject to examination by the human factors section of the GA200 investigation in the NTSC.

What makes me wonder is what are the conflicting stories? The case on argument or no argument is to me more or less solved... go around calls were made by the F/O. There have been cases in Garuda where the F/O had to take control and report the captain for "violations of SOPs due to/or with fixation".

As to the content on the CRM section of the company's manual, I do not know. I don't work for Garuda. All I know are cases of CRM failures and CRM successes...

Centaurus,
Call it whatever you want... call it a freak day, call it "the Captain capitulated to the real men don't go around culture after 20 years flying", or whatever else. Not going around in such a situation does not conform with what's been heard of captain Marwoto's normal behaviour.

PK-KAR