PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 4
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2007, 15:35
egnxema

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The new Interchange has a couple of very odd features.

Why (there must sure be a reason) is the exit from arrivals and the entrance to the interchange ony about 2 metres apart? With a barrier to direct everyone through the new interchange building it means that in cold and wet weather everyone has to go through this 2 metre wide section of outdoors - what is that all about? For the sake of a bi of roof!!

Is EMA getting rid if the Information desk in the same way LTN have? The new desk is tiny and has so little visual impact as to be hardly worth the effort.

After visiting I think the layout of the new arrivals area is very very poor. The only exit doors were blocked with meeters and greeters standing waiting, while the areas infront of the car hire desks and Costa Coffee were deserted - in fact no-one would have need of venturing up there unless they wanted a car or a coffee.

I visited at 1630 on Friday evening - and i can only guess that summer evenings, especially late evenings when all the babies and the Ryans come home will be cramped and caotic in there!!!

There new central search looks light and spacious inside, but with only apparently one post for ticket/boarding card presentation I imagine the morning queues are very long.

Will be interesting to see how the summer unfolds.