PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Difference between Airbus and Boeing controls
Old 8th Apr 2007, 12:56
GMDS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thought so, TP.
Beeing not so fond of dead sticks, I wanted to back up CONFiture (a little sarcastically i admit...) in underlining that the SS indicator is ONE more value you have to get "intellectually" on a instrument. With a stick/yoke feedback it makes it much easier to monitor the PF, you can scan inside and outside with less values to be interpreted. As we know, intellectual values are processed by our brain in a serial manner, thus one by one and slower, absorbing more brain power. In these short and intense moments (T/O, LDG), I very much prefer the aid of the tactile feedbacks, because our brain can process these in a parallel way to intellectual values, therefore beeing much faster.
Thats the whole point of my criticism of dead controls. If guys can interpret instrument values as fast and precisely as i did the mix with tactile feedbacks, then they have my admiration and i would accept their standpoint. (I doubt it though, assuming their brain, allthough maybe better equipped, is probably similarly wired as mine.)
GMDS