PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rex; Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2007, 09:21
G Cantstandya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The ****e they make the FO's do is absolultely fuc*#'d,
I won't go through everything but I found it disgusting that their policy and procd's manual stated that the flight crew had to take UM's to meet their parents as well as trying to turn the A/C around. (if no one else was avail)
Many other things used to piss me off like walking in the rain at sydney to do the trim (around 400m, no rain coat in A/C) because they were to tight to pay a dipatcher, meet and greet pax and then jump into the right seat while the Capt called for the start checklist (really safe!!!!), work around 22 days a month, get rostered 6 on 1 off and then another 6 on, fly those piece of crap A models in MEL fully loaded while half empty B's flew around SYD and ADL, explaning to people why their bags were being off loaded whilst they boarded the A/C, the list goes on.......
The pay was crap $40000 plus DTA for new FO (my mate driving a street sweeper gets more money)
The icing on the cake was that when it came time for profit share, the FO's got the least out of everyone (by about $1500) thanks to a large waisted man in SYD!!!! People in ckeck in, dipatch, FA all got more than the FO's
This company has no hope of holding onto any good FO's who wish to further their careers flying for a REAL AIRLINE while they persist dishing up the crap they do!! They can afford to pay a lot more (look at their profit margins)
On a brighter note the majority of people are great to work with and i do feel sorry for the ones stuck there because they will be getting flogged over the next 3-4 years because the lack of crew!!
I was glad to say good-bye to REX and I know that around 90% of the crew I know there are actively seeking to get out!!
All I can say is good luck One Wing Low and I suggest you sell now before you have nobody to fly your A/C..........

Last edited by G Cantstandya; 10th Apr 2007 at 05:44.