PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius ab-initio program 2006/2007
Old 8th Apr 2007, 02:09
raviMK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Mauritius ab-initio scheme 2007

Dear Mates..

Thank you very much for all your PMs and emails..Will try to answer all your questions and clear doubts..

Indeed,many of you do under-estimate the importance of the group exercise..I would like to highlight it again if necessary..The figure that I gave in my previous posting is accurate..Only two candidates get selected per group..There is equal chances and I see it's quite fair enough as all groups get the same situation and are expected to have common reactions with other groups..So,even if a group does extremely well,only the best two candidates are selected out of it..I also think it is unfair to mention here that a group will have more 'better' candidates than another..this has never been the case..

In fact,all candidates who make it up to the group exercise have scored above 80% in the psychometric tests..So they get equal chances like all other other groups to present themselves,work with the group they have been assigned and succeed to the next stage of the selection exercise..

For your references,I do have very accurate figures..The top 13 candidates scored above 95% in all the stages of the previous selection exercise..No wonder,most of them are overqualified with postgraduate degrees for this job..

I think it is very unprofessional to question their performance and their success..The thing called 'backing' where some of you here have politely highlighted it as 'bribery' is existent within the company for senior positions and all general recruitments but in the selection of flight deck members,this has never been the case..

After exhaustive research and enquiries,I found out that the 3 candidates who were removed from the course was simply because they would take more time to adapt to the course and they did not satisfy the 25hr requirements of the test..

It is very incorrect to question their failure and generalise this as a defect in the system..In fact,all airlines do reject some candidates even after they are confirmed in the training..So,it is nothing new here..

Also,i know a couple of guys with thousands of hours and who have not made it up till now to MK..it is certainly depressing but they always need to keep on trying..Much more is required apart licenses,hours,and interesting grades..

And a very important point to be noted for candidates who have not been invited for this selection exercise..Most pilots who joined MK have not made it in the first attempt..So,whenever a new chance will arise in the near future,you should try harder..

Hope this answers the questions I received..
Wish you guys and girls all the best in your forthcoming tests..
Cheers..
RaviMK..