PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JMC 250Kts Below FL100
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2001, 17:24
BigRab

Smile

Flap_actuator,

1)Yes there are lots of hills at AGP, but if you fly the STAR you won’t hit them, especially in good VMC.
Avoid high rate of descent and high speed as you approach MAR (not below 6000ft) and you won’t set the GPWS off either.

We were in descent .78/290 and catching the JMC 757 up, put on a delaying vector, whilst he was on short cut vector, and still closing. Voluntarily reduced to 240 at about 50 miles, way above 10,000ft then to 170 at 25 miles. I wounded if I was following a Cessna!

2) RWY 14. Try 250/6000 at MAR, decel to 190 descending to 5000, then go down with the glide in Flap 2.
Works a treat. Similar profile in slightly more slippery (but better speedbrakes) 757. No problem either.

3) RWY 32 If anticipating visual, arrange speed to be 190 @ 5000 right downwind, once past the high ground descend to circuit altitude for visual. No problem at all, saves about 15 track miles.

Maybe JMC don’t do visual approaches, as I had to follow one onto a 14 mile final at FUE (or LPA), could have been on the stand before he turned final!

Other one was PMI, again following a 757 at PMI published speeds, had to reduce to min approach for last 12 miles.

Me thinks you guys are on a go-slow!

Yes, they may be training, but if so there’s something wrong with the training if you have to go that slow.

F_A are you in the spare parts buisness?.
If I keep having to follow you, I'm going to wear my flaps out!