PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA response to the ATSB report on Lockhart River
Old 7th Apr 2007, 15:27
ITCZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think its time for my 2c worth.
Gorn Round, you are showing yourself up. You are going off at someone who has not only flown 'real aeroplanes' but could teach some of us more about IF flying in one duty period than some may have garnered in entire flying careers thus far.

He is not bagging RNAV/GNSS/GPS NPA. He is talking two levels above your understanding. I'll give you a hint - Compare the naming of waypoints in sequence for this instrument approach...

LHRWG
LHRWI
LHRWF
LHRWH

... with this

Station passage, start timer
Time, turn inbound
Established
Limiting DME step
MDA
MAPt
(standard VOR or NDB non precision)

.... or

RAINY
SUNNY
CF (centre fix)
FF (final fix)
(Cairns VOR-A or NDB-A)

... or

Itot
Itaw
Apud
Etat
(tweety one STAR)

Read page 161 of the ATSB report. Naming Conventions on aussie RNAV approaches.

It has taken me four days to read through the 500 page ATSB report. I have just finished. I am interested, a mate of mine was in that aeroplane. And here we have a full 5 pages of Ppruners spouting sh!te. It is this, it is that, they say.

You guys call yourselves professional? Yeah you take the money, but you ain't professional. Read it first.

The Pilot In Command is dead. He won't be killing another 14 people.
Yet the "Metro culture" is still out there.

Transair is wound up. Yet the "transair culture" is still out there.

I'll bet that somewhere out there tomorrow, there will be another 9,000hr metro skipper sitting next to a 600hr effoh, thinking -- I'll show this kid something.

Things I heard sitting in Metros as an FO....

"Vmo is 246. FO's descend at 240. Nothing less, unless your wearing a dress."
"Pull that one for me mate. Its on your side. Its making a noise." (Reference to pulling the C/B for the overspeed warning while the 'captain' descends at a speed above Vmo/Mmo).
"There's no yellow arc on MY airspeed indicator"
"Synch off, speeds high? First sign of panic!"
"The record is 246 knots to 3 miles to touchdown."
"XYZ operate these Cat C."

That thinking is still out there. GA boys that got the 1980's hotrod without the multicrew discipline.

Thats who the ATSB wants CASA to catch.

Last edited by ITCZ; 9th Apr 2007 at 13:34.