PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What about this for service?
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2007, 15:02
Final 3 Greens

What about this for service?

Just interested in your opinion on this one.

BA have been getting a bit of a bashing on this fourm - so to be clear, the airline involved here was not BA.

Scenario, one of three flights booked in C on the same ticket on a major European airline. Ticket cost 1,360€.

Aircraft goes tech - that can happen to anyone, airline gets good recovery into place and flights is only 50 minutes late.

On board, take seat and "boarding complete" announcement made.

Then a load of people appear unannounced from the economy section and start taking seats in business.

I ask crew what is happening and reply is that too many pax for this aircraft (A320), so economy pax will sit in C.

Now let me say that I would not wish anyone to be left behind and if there are seats free (including the middle seat of 3 that this airline does not fill in C), they should be used to accommodate pax under these circumstances.

However, in effect this is an operational downgrade for business class pax.

All seats in C were full, fortunately all the excess Y pax were found a seat and travelled - that is good.

What I found very poor

1 - No pre announcement by CC of what was going to happen - they should treat the premium pax better than that

2 - The in flight service suffered as the C cabin now had 50% more occupants, e.g. English newspapers ran out well before my row

3 - No offer of compensation for converting the C cabin into Y

4 - CC apparently couldn't give a t*ss - no complaint forms handed out and didn't really wish to discuss anything - just "I do not have any information" to anyone asking

There was just announcement made that because the flight was full, don't ask for any extra drinks - only one service will be made - lovely job.

One C class pax got particularly incensed and the crew were quite dismissive, even though he was very polite.

So what do you all think of this?