PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QR Payrise or just rice...
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2007, 14:59
Goat Liner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NA,

Please don't confuse the increase in the housing allowance with an increase in Salary. 12000Qr is the minimum required for a decent accomodation in Doha and it doesn't make up for the last two years where I have been subsidising the rent out of my own pocket. Plus most of the pilots joining nowadays are taking the company provided accomodation so they wont even see this allowance.

The real increase, as Knotaloud said, is 3000Qr + 900Qr. In the case of those of us who have been here more than five years its 6000Qr + 900. Thats it. I'm glad you are happy about it but honestly as a five year+ captain I'm not too exited that I am making only 3000Qr more than a new joiner. Especially since said new joiner gets a 50000Qr furniture gift and I only get 25000Qr.

It is also worth mentioning that at the meeting the CEO was happy to announce that we have the highest hourly flight pay compared to Emirates and Etihad. Frankly I would rather have a higher Basic and less flight pay. With the current system when we are on leave/training/sick we make less than our collegues across the water. The much advertised 6 point something per cent we are getting more than emirates only works if you fly at least 70 hours a month. So what about the 320 guys?

As a matter of fact this new package seems to be designed to penalise the high seniority pilots: A ten year captain makes the same as a five year one. Or even worse, a F/O who has been with the company more than five years and has just been promoted to captain gets the same basic salary as a direct entry captain. Actually the new captain will make more because he gets 25000Qr more as a furniture gift. Nice!

Last edited by Goat Liner; 7th Apr 2007 at 15:22.