PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Anyone Taking DEFO Freighter Positions?
Old 7th Apr 2007, 06:37
Tomatoes

Just a couple things to consider...

The Netherland has one of the highest tax rates in the world. Also...much more expensive to live over N America. So...in my opinion the pay is on par. Gonna live in another country to dodge? Nope....don't forget...European UNION.

With Cathay, if you want to progress (at this point) you will have to move to Hong Kong at some time. Know you will be ok living there!

The job market is picking up. Where I am, they can't find type rated guys any more. So..options are picking up too.

Type rated guys...any at a good company will not be considering this job, as they have invested some time in a seniority system already. Anyone considering, will be in the contract world and is normally earning more than the starting offer. Over time, it surpasses Contract, but with the caveat of having to move to Hong Kong down the road. If you want it..great!

Non typed guys...will gain the percieved advantage into the arena. Are you making more on the long haul? You should...in my experience the enjoyment of flying and benefit of health on short haul is nice. If your not gonna make more...forget it. Dont get me wrong...I enjoy it...but I love to fly..so I also love the approaches and take offs the most. Not to mention the jet lag is just killer on long haul! My opinion though!

Anything else?