PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - how Many are leaving ??
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2007, 01:20
dragonflyhkg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I spoke with some of our colleagues that attended a briefing earlier this year, where one of the Managers indicated that we started to lose crew back into NAM carriers at the rate of 2 per week from mid November 2006.
The loss rate from CX is not solely confined to the FTR fleet, but it’s interesting that the FTR fleet significantly figures in the situation.

From my post elsewhere in the Forum, some relevant information:

Situation
Expansion in progress, aircraft fleet growing markedly, 30+ wide-body aircraft confirmed due by the end of Q1-2010, more orders "in the wings"
Crew required in "increasing" numbers, PAX and FTR
Recruiting situation "increasing" in difficulty - CX unable to source the crew they want and need.

Solution
Resume FO recruitment onto PAX fleets, utilising bases outside HKG where there are existing reductions in remuneration and benefits.

Dependant upon CX priorities and applicant experience, current recruitment streams are
SO - HKG - PAX fleets
FO - Based - FTR fleets, further "integration" at "Company discretion"
FO - Based - PAX fleets, if type rated

For those considering the PAX vs. FTR entry decision, the following variations in conditions specifically apply to the FTR;

** Additional reduction in remuneration and benefits below existing HKG and based PAX B-Scale whilst on the FTR fleets, i.e. C-Scale
** Numerous, specific rostering practice differences, reducing certain conditions and protections below current PAX fleet practices
** Integration into PAX after a "general" minimum of 3 years "checked to line" service, but only at Company discretion
** Further integration restrictions based on other normally expected events; e.g. base changes or FTR type change

NB: After 7-1/2 years of the FACA/FABA agreements detailing integration, CX still has crew being denied PAX fleet integration due FTR crew constraints

mmmm......
I don’t think that's going to do it, do you?

Dragonfly