PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QR Payrise or just rice...
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2007, 00:24
A330_300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear togaluck, you have not mention the transport allowance and remind you there is no pick and drop for the deck crew in Etihad and Airport drive from the city is about 30 - 40 minutes with no traffic.

The Rent to Buy house purchase program is not that company will give you the villa in exchange of your Housing Allowance. Its a simple calculation the housing Allowance in Etihad is 115000 dirhams per year so if they bind you for 10 years then it will be 1150000 (1.15 million dirhams) Now please do a search in Abu Dhabi and find me a 2 bed room apartment for 1.15 million, the current market price in AUH is not less than 2.5 million dirhams, i dont think EY is stupid enough to lose 1 million dirhams

You also forgot to mention that EY is offering 3 options for Housing and that is either

1 - Take an allowance of 115000 dirham per year (9583 dirhams per month), please i would be grateful if you could find me a villa or an apartment 2 bedroom for 9600 and make sure they have car parking facility too.The whole AUH is having a problem in finding a parking spot. People park there car along the road and sometime they have to park it 2 -3 blocks away from their residence

2 - Company Provided housing depending on the availability, so it means the company is having problems with accommodation and in Etihad majority of pilots including captains are living in an apartment so this is not correct that everybody is getting a Villa and what does this mean that Housing depending on the availability???? and at the same time they are offering a 3 option that is

3 - Rent to Buy housing purchase Program. I dont have any information how it will work but definitely with the bank. So far Etihad Airways does not have his own accommodation and they are planning to build it at the Khalifa City so that is a very long process.

Nobody is saying to give your money to greedy bastard, invest money in the Pearl Qatar and get a 2 bed room apartment, Its a very good investment and Qatar is a booming market and Investment Gurus from all around the world are investig here and they claim that Middle East Hub will be no longer Dubai and Doha will take it over, so be patient and watch.

Qatar AIrways is just 10 years old and is growing rapidly and everyone agrees on that.

I do not agree that its not a friendly place for Expats, my family is very happy here, I think local people are nice and they dont bother the expats, it all depends how you behave with them. I know lot of expats from UK living here for last 20 years and they have never complained that its not a friendly place.They have seen lot of changes, and i am here for past 2 years i have so far did not have any probelms, I am not saying its a perfect place but at the same time you have not experienced Dubai or AUH. You must have gone for few days and thats it if you have to live there then you will come to know. Dubai and Abu Dhabi are very expensive arab states, yes i agree there is lot of things to do in Dubai but you have to wait when you will have everything in Doha.

Job Stability is nowhere in the Gulf so stop living in a dream world thinking that the Jobs are confirmed there.

AND AT THE END PLEASE WHY ARE YOU STAYING HERE IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY, JUST GO AND START WORKING FOR OTHER AIRLINES. BELIEVE ME PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE NOT WELCOME IN QATAR AIRWAYS.

CHEERS