PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SA Flying schools and Jobs in Nam/Bots
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2007, 22:31
pyote

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My liver still hurts

Hey mate,

The best thing to do is get the old 206 on the licence, some companies will only hire guys with a 206 on the licence. Some don’t really mind. But rather have it than not.

Make sure you have all your original documents with you, i.e. birth cert, licence, all that kind of jazz as they need all that for the work permit.

With the smaller companies its all about how you are going to fit in with the other boys and girls working in the company, don’t suck up to the chief pilots but be friendly to them. When I was hiring guys it was mostly the guys and girls that got on with the rest of us in the pub and could have a laugh with that got hired. One thing you have to remember about Maun is basically you live in each others pockets in and out of work so don’t be a pest!!! hehaha

The best thing to do is ask to go on as many rides as possible, when there are empty legs the CP usually lets a new guy go along for the ride its a great experience, generally because most of the pilots out there are really good at what they do, so its a learning experience and its pretty fun too!!! Remember things change really often so don’t get bummed out or angry if you get bumped off a ride.

If you get chucked out of sedia got to Audi, they give pirates a good deal, and usually there are quite a few unemployed people to hang with and drink with!!!

Have fun while you are there, and remember things change in maun daily so don’t write off a company because they "aren’t hiring" go in and make yourself known to the CP or ops manager. Usually companies not hiring are the best ones to get some "free rides" with.

Enjoy, I know I sure did