PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sunwing Interview
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2007, 18:01
pic_on_B737NG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunwing Airlines

I fly for Sunwing and I love it. Management is great, the flying is great, the B737-800 is great. I am happy!

Here is some info:

- Sunwing is somewhat desperate for direct-entry captains. I believe they want people with airline experience as PIC on jet (CRJ seems ok). Corporate time (for DEC) does not seem to work for them. Qualified? I recommend you come forward now!

- FO's have been hired with B1900D experience and no jet time. Time to upgrade is based on your previous experience, on your performance/attitude during training and on your performance/attitude on a daily basis.

- First year salary is about $80 per credit hour for captains and $100 after a year. FO's get about $48 then $60. Minimum credits paid per month is 80. Overtime is paid generously. Eleven guaranteed days off per month.

- Permanent bases are in YYZ and YUL. This year the temporary european bases are Dublin, Glasgow and Newcastle. All positions are determined by seniority bids. This year some junior captains and some junior FO's are not going to Europe as a result of the bid. It seems some senior pilots love their summers in Europe (and the per diems).

- Six aircraft flew this winter. Unconfirmed but we are hearing 10 next winter, including 2 wide-body aircraft.

- There is a training bond. I think it is 24 months at $1000 a month. It is discussed during the interview which is straight-forward in a relaxed setting with two persons from management and one guy from the pilot association. It is mostly a discussion followed by a short technical quiz taken in another room.

- SOP's and manuals are very well written and adhered to.

I hope this helps. The Chief pilot is indeed George Acs and the person in charge of hiring is Slawko Borys (Manager of Flight Ops). This is a gem of an airline/tour operator. If you want good times in a great environment I suggest you send your résumé to [email protected]