PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Wings ATP Scheme (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2007, 13:40
badboy raggamuffin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
should I get a separate MCC then or not?

The fact that CTC do not require a wings atp applicant to have an MCC does therefore put the newly qualified pilot in a bit of a dilema. Assuming that the ATP scheme is open to applications when I finish my IR (June time), should I get an MCC straight after the IR, or should I wait to see if I get on to the CTC AQC course?

Getting a separate MCC could be a bad move, as if I get onto the AQC I will effectively do the same qualifaication twice, waste of money.

On the other hand, if I do not get one, and I fail in my ATP application (probably more than likely given its highly selective nature) I will have wasted valuable time when I could have been applying for other jobs, but couldnt cos I had no MCC.

Does anybody out there know what the likely time scale is from applying to CTC ATP to knowing whether u have been accepted? ie how quickly after application is the selection process carried out?

If it is only a short period ie only a few weeks, it is probably worth holding off getting an MCC until u know the outcome of your ATP application.

If however the process takes a long time, ie a few months, it might be worth getting an MCC anyway, and hedging your bets by trying to get other jobs elsewhere, so that the time between applying to CTC and learning ur fate is not wasted in the event of rejection.

Anybody else out there sympathise with my dilemma?