PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Infringements
Thread: Infringements
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2007, 10:41
PPRuNe Radar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
please remember GA is mostly business users and movements of GA is hugely greater than CAT
WorkingHard

Can you provide the reference which proves your statements please. I certainly don't believe that GA comprises mostly business users going about their company business. I do believe that non Civil Air Transport movements (which comprises GA, gliders, microlights, military, etc) throughout the whole of the UK outnumber Civil Air Transport movements but can't follow your implied logic that there are more GA business movements than Civil Air Transport movements. NATS alone handled over 2 million of the latter last year without including any handled solely by non NATS ATC units or those not receiving any ATC service.

You also state that Controlled Airspace is of great importance to the holiday trade, the implication being the business GA should have a higher place in the pecking order against such flights. Don't you think that many many more business men/women also make use of this airspace whilst in their business class seats than those travelling by 'business' GA throughout the UK ?? I certainly do around 10-15 return air trips per year on business and have dozens of colleagues who do the same. Most flights I make domestically seem to comprise a large proportion of business travellers so I would imagine the numbers using such services each year must be in the millions. Equalling or exceeding those number of business bums on seats would take a hell of an amount of bizjets, twin props, or other GA types flying as business GA. I don't think we have such a vast fleet operating in or into the UK.