PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA response to the ATSB report on Lockhart River
Old 6th Apr 2007, 09:51
GORN ROUND
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote Boggs "Agreed that this was a multi-issue prang. The (lack of) CASA oversight of the Ops Manual, for example, makes me sick. No Stabilised Approach criteria? WTF?"

The only two issues with this prang BLOGGS was a cowboy in the front left seat not following the authorised procedure, either on the accident flight or during the RNAV approaches he conducted BEFORE HE WAS QUALIFIED to conduct them and an UNQUALIFIED and INEXPERIENCED co-pilot who probably didn't understand what was going on and should have been receiving guidance from a Captain following the rules.

Not even the FBI could catch AL CAPONE on anything other than a Tax evasion charge so give CASA a break, although they do need to get back to being to being the HITLERS that they should be and stop the cowboys getting commands with fare paying pax in the back.

I feel sad for the families of the pilots who have lost their loved ones, but I understand the plight of the families of the innocent passengers who can't cuddle their loved ones because of the actions of a pilot and a company that allowed an UNQUALIFIED crewmember to operate a high performance aircraft on a route with a high workload RNAV approach to one of the runways.