PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Your landing or mine - the captain's ultimate responsibility
Old 6th Apr 2007, 08:05
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for taking the heat off me Ey777

4PW, how is it going mate?

I find it fascinating that people consider conducting an approach and landing in conditions which exceed limitations (seemingly) legal let alone acceptable.

I also find it fascinating that my opinion on a particular aircraft type, based on opinion expressed by close friends who have been flying them for up to 10 years, illicites such defensive and vitriolic responces.

Have we lost the ability to debate a topic rationally? It seems so when the opposing view is deemed to be unstateable as opposed to simply a different, but equally valuable opinion.

I have stated often enough in this thread that I don't view it as Airbus v Boeing...they are identical when it comes to performance certification. In other aspects of operation I have expressed a negative opinion on airbus, that is my democratic right...but lets leave it for another time.

Someone answer me these questions;

Why/how was the approach legal...was it safe?

Why/how was the landing legal, was it safe?

How do you justify not using regulatory factoring in normal ops post dispatch...is that safe?

Can we have a robust, open minded, professional, intellectually stimulating discussion where we accept the validity of opinions we may not agree with?