PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Your landing or mine - the captain's ultimate responsibility
Old 6th Apr 2007, 01:30
4PW's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Though this thread has not followed its title, it's been partly useful in that some of us may find inspiration to review our methods of calculating landing distances in-flight.

As a contribution, may I suggest anyone who initially, like me, felt overwhelmed by all the science being thrown around, mostly by a certain writer who categorically does not understand a particular airplane type, then simply go to your operations manual and re-study landing distances required.

Though you might be tempted to invoke your own interpretation and apply 1.67 to QRH derived figures in-flight, perhaps due to the insistent badgering being done here, my suggestion would be to pause and take a breath.

Follow your own SOPs, not someone else's.

Thankfully, the pot of Gnadenburg and Chuckles has gone off the boil.

It was not helpful reading detracting and unqualified statements about Airbus for the sake of making an argument as it reduced the usefulness of the crucial subject at hand, which is perhaps more important than the title of the thread.