PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2007, 23:49
kylofon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snoop

Hello all,

I’ve been following this forum for a while now, and finally had a chance to apply for ATC training in Poland. The recruitment drive was halted for some time, during which the local NATS-like agency went through a major structural change and is now known as Polish Air Navigation Services Agency (PANSA). Now that all’s back to normal, I decided to take a plunge and sent in an application, though I’m well established in my other, non-aviation career. Passion or stupidity – you decide .

Anyhow, the recruitment process has changed a bit it seems, and I will try to share it with you as I go along. From what I’ve seen so far, the process in Poland is as follows:
  • On-line form with basic bio info, strengths/weaknesses, three situation descriptions that prove you’re fit for an ATC job and a problem solving “what would you do” exercise with three situation to choose from (You’re set for a meeting with a VIP and he doesn’t show up, You’ve got a deadline and can’t make the schedule, You’ve got a coach ticket, but your seat is taken). The last exercise has to be filed in English.
  • English test
  • Multi-stage ATC qualification test (no info on what they include)
  • Interview
  • Medical
If you pass that, you’re hired as an intern-in-training, working from 7.30 to 15.30 for a period of six months, after which you’ll get the final decision. No word on pay. So I’m waiting for a call now – maybe that dream of working on EPWA TWR is not that far off .