PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius ab-initio program 2006/2007
Old 5th Apr 2007, 20:16
raviMK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Mauritius ab-initio scheme 2007

Hi Mates..
Many thanks for your continuous PMs,questions and contributions to this forum dedicated for potential MK Mauritian pilots..

Indeed,the selection exercise will be much more faster this time and it will be an ongoing process for other batches in the near future..Lots of efforts have been made after the reshuffling in MK management..

The new team is very dynamic and results will reflect in the coming years..It is very encouraging to see this forum where young and dedicated people are contributing valuable,informative and very accurate information at this stage..

MK management wants to double the number of cadets this time and discussions with 43 Air School will be made..it remains to be finalised..

The selection exercise itself is highly competitive..Over the years,I found that most of the cadidates who had a high IQ did not necessarily make it to MK..There are more qualities that MK needs apart 'A' Grades or 1 units results..A high calibre personality,a versatile character,excellent communication skills,teamwork spirit and passion for flying are the main qualities that MK looks for..

So,it's not just results and hard work that will help..There is much more required to succeed..As far up till the psychometric test,most candidates can do extremely well..

In fact the psychometric test is already a clear indication to the selection board on choosing the ideal candidate..But the main downfall is the group exercise..Over the years,I have observed that most candidates who overshadow all team members in their distinct group have been rejected straight away although they could had been good leaders..

A perfect leader and a perfect pilot will be one who thinks for the team,work for the team and promote his team members..Remember this guys and girls..You are not called in the group exercise to prove that you are a good leader..rather,you just have to show how well you can work with a team and stand as a leader..

To give you a precise idea,in a group of 10 candidates,only two will be chosen..and you should really stand out in all qualities..In fact,last time,there were 12 groups,each consisting of 10 candidates..and from each,2 were selected..before the panel interview whereby,after, only 13 candidates were confirmed..This gives you an idea on how competitive this stage might be..

This posting answers most of the questions I have received and I will keep the thread updated..Wish you guys and girls all the best and hope to meet you all in the flight deck..

All the best..
RaviMK..