PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue EBA II (Poll)
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2007, 12:17
ccguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's a challenge for you

I challenge anyone to go out there and get a job that pays just as much as we do for the hours that we work (or still would have had to work under the new EBA) in a month. Me thinks that you would be hard up to find anything anywhere close to it. I have worked a lot harder for a lot less in other jobs (including management jobs I have held down) and I think that this is the crusiest job in the history of jobs.

Something tells me that greed and the necessity to squeeze every last drop of money out of a company who's primary role in Australia is to provide low cost fares to the public. We are working in one of the highest paid non-skilled jobs out there and the new EBA would have still kept us up there with the best of them. But its a pity not all of us really understand this or want to understand this.

For those of you who are really that unhappy, perhaps you should look for another job.

Also, another thing to mention, has anyone even entertained the idea that most pilots out there wanted to ensure that the vote was NO in order to make their own case stronger?? So they can say in their negotiations "see, even the F/A's are getting a raw deal" Why do you think that so many pilots were putting their 2 cents worth in when it came to our EBA? How many F/A's made comments about the EBA put forward to the pilots???? Not many I am guessing.

So I ask this question, who is fooling who????