PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The reaction of the British captives to the Iranians
Old 5th Apr 2007, 10:58
GPMG

I did a some RTI training whilst I was in the Marines, so at least a few of the the 15 'may' have known some of the procedure. However as has been pointed out in previous posts I doubt the resitance to white noise, stress positions and worse would have been waranted. It was a UN affair, Iran are not our enemies yet and I don't think that main aim was to play along and get out. The facts will come out and I'm sure that our poeple will be fully justified in what they did.

The interviews were with a cheeky grin fixed on the face and the letters were copied word for word with all of the bad grammer intact. I think it is obvious to anyone in the west that these were forced confessions which just makes Iran look worse.

SET I think you should have waited untill after the debriefs and the official news releases before questioning our forces integrity. And since when has refusing to strip down to nothing and get into a boiler suit etc been RTI? If your captors want you to were 1 DMS, 1 flip flop and a wedding dress you can either do it or have it done to you.

I hope that the Captains career wont be shadowed by this mess, it's happened many times when an excellent officers career can be stalled through circumstances that were of no fault of his own.