PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS advert
Thread: NATS advert
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2007, 09:52
bratback

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jerricho, by the way you pose the question it would imply NATS selection process in which case if both meet the criteria both are offered a place on a course. If non NATS then it would come down to the iterviewer, it is a fact that most job interviews are decided on first impressions, if all else equal. Just because someone shares an interst with you does not mean you necessarily will like them and believe they will fit in with your team, something that is viewed as important throughout ATC.
If I may pose a question to you, the same candidates, same scores, both male, Candidate A also has multiple ear piercings, a nose ring,and multicoloured hair, Candidate B has no piercings and a regular hair style, in our working environment who do you think the board would give the job to now?
On a personal note when I went for my interview and was asked why I wanted to do the job I replied because it looked challenging and the money was good. Subsequently I have validated at any unit I have been at, held positions of LCE and watch manager amongst others, but am basically being told by some on here that because I previously did not have an interest in aviation I should not have been allowed to even apply, that is what I find offensive and arrogant. On the argument of whether it makes you a better controller it's an impossible argument to solve but I would ask when the last time an incident board cited lack of inerest in aviation as a causal factor as opposed to controller judgement. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having an interest in aviation in this job but provided you keep up to date with matters which affect you the converse is also true.