PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - potential EK joiner
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2007, 01:53
confused1971

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
potential EK joiner

Hi
Thinking of a career change to EK, life change actually!
To assist with my move I want to chat with present employees. Thanks in advance for any advice you may be able to offer. Outlined below are my main reasons for moving I hope they give u some food for thought for any advice you may be able to offer

How often would one expect to travel?

Part of my decision to come to Dubai is to see all that the world has to offer. Dubai, being the gateway to Europe would be a great base from which to explore.

We have two boys 1 and 3 so part of my decision is for them to experience this wonderful world of ours before they return to finish their education in their country of birth. Schooling seems great there. Expand...

How much do you actually save per month?

I save absolutely nothing at the moment as a 737 F/O Would 7000dihrams be excessive per month as a first officer with EK?

The facilitators in the recent roadshow did not give any idea about days off. Could i reasonably expect a few days off at the end of one month and a few at the start of another to travel?

What is life like at silicone oasis?....perhaps like a silicone implant? nice to look at but not like the real thing... or with kids my age, just the thing?

I realise you can never be happy all the time in any job, nor can the company pay you enough but life is very short. I am hoping my move to EK will provide some rewards in terms of life experience and financial security in this ever insecure world of ours.

Thanks for any assistance

Your honest and genuine replies will be greatly appreciated.

Also love to hear from families who have been there for a few years and the gloss may be starting to fade. Is a ten year goal realistic?
Ask your wives tonight over a cordial and ask them what they think too...love to hear their opinions so we can chat about it further.