PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 3
Thread: BRISTOL - 3
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2007, 20:50
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harry

Although I would not be interested in these transatlantic charters I have no doubt they will be very popular – my son is taking his family to POP from BRS very soon – and possibly Mexico is better known to the punters than Cuba.

Your mention of Dubrovnik reminds me of the 1980s when many regional airports had weekly summer charters to the old Yugoslavia through
Yugotours.

BRS had flights to Pula, Split and Dubrovnik (and possibly other Balkan destinations) and airlines such as JAT, Inex-Adria and Aviogenex were regular visitors.

I seem to recall that super little airline, Paramount, leased an Adria aircraft to operate out of BRS to other destinations for part of one summer around the end of the 80s.

On another matter, the Brussels Airlines BRU service appears to have reduced to 2 x daily from the previous 3 and no longer night stops as far as I can make out.

Does this and the pull-out of BACon mean the apron pressure is now not so acute at busy times? Can some of the smaller stands that BACon used be converted in some way for use by larger aircraft, at least as a temporary measure?

B_T

The easyJet booking engine shows the 0730 arriving CDG 0950 and departing at 1030 to arrive back at BRS at 1045, all times local.

The 1400 from BRS arrives CDG at 1620, leaves at 1650 with an arrival back at BRS at 1710.

As WWW says, easyJet have to be applauded for responding so quickly to the changed situation and I’m sure they realise the timings are not ideal and will do their best to make them more user-friendly when the winter timetable is announced.