PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Arann
Thread: Aer Arann
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2007, 20:02
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Expansion at Aer Arann

Although I have no inside information I can see AerArann looking at a number of routes to the UK from Dublin. What does anyone think of the following : Humberside( FR had about 50pax +per flight last year, wasnt viable with 738)

Coventry, surely some of the Midlands destined traffic would prefer Coventry over EMA or BHX maybe x2 per day ?

Manston , x2 per day. EUjet were achieveing ober 35 % load I have read and that would equate to 70 pax a day and with some effort by AerArann could be improved?

Dundee, AerArann were looking at this route years ago around the time that they axed Sheffield City but it came to nothing , I imagine the demand would exist?

Apart from that what about London Southend? Not so much as a London gateway but as a route to the Southend area?

I was looking over some old timetables from back as far as 1980s and noticed the number of dropped routes Plymouth, Humberside, Guernsey, Swansea, Manston, Coventry, Since many of these routes have disappeared many other markets have exploded in volume terms and Aer Arann certainly could do ok to look at some of them .. what does anyone else think?

What about a daily Donegal/Luton flight? Kerry/Belfast? and Derry/Edinburgh ??

There is huge business on Belfast to many UK airports eg EDI, and a proportion of it is IMO destined for Derry area or Donegal ? Does anyone see an opportunity for Aer Arann?