PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Real Men don't go around - a fatal cultural flaw.
Old 4th Apr 2007, 19:11
EY777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Obviously then Wizofoz, with that attitude, Australia should just close all their flying schools especially the ones that caters to asian students as then I would label them as a bunch of hypocrites Just churning out mindless drones, rather than imparting knowledge!

I shall not comment on Korean, China or Indonesia as their problems are more complex than just an asian psyche.As for SQ, they have learnt their lessons from that incident (& it was nothing about asian psyche as other asian operators cancelled their flights in a raging Typhoon!)

Going around in my former company & I believe the other major asian operators are nowadays non punitive & are considered a non event Generally, the new western educated asian pilots are more open minded & are open to criticism unlike the older ones, this attitude is infectious & is permeating throughout the organisation.Of course there will be resistance, but Rome wasn't built in a day!

Loss of face is a non issue nowadays, especially to the newer generation that I mentioned as they are well aware of the repercussions of an unstabilized approach.It's all a matter of perception.

Like I said earlier just because your culture is subservient by nature or even non conducive to a safe conduct of the flight (remember, asian cultures differ from each other), it doesn't mean that you should carry it over to the cockpit.After all, we're professional pilots!