PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA response to the ATSB report on Lockhart River
Old 4th Apr 2007, 12:01
GORN ROUND
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote Bloogs: "Yes I do. I am not suggesting that the FAF be removed, I am suggesting that the waypoint depicting it be removed."

Bloggs,

I don't think you do Bloggs. Tell us here on PPRUNE what you think the FAF is for Bloggs.

BUT.

There will be some other qualified BLOGGS that will want something else.

You are just a pilot Bloggs. ie disposable taxi driver.

Let the experts keep you safe by following their instructions.

The RNAV(GNSS) approach methodology works, for those that are trained and maintain currency.

Its just the way that pilots interpret the plate, way outside the bounds of reality or the training that they have received, that causes the fare paying public to get incinerated.

"Oh my gosh, lets dive through that hole and get in and be the hero by busting the stupid procedure."

"I think I can, I think I can."

"That blonde in Row 3 will thank me for getting in on time and buy me a drink...she might even invite me back to her place."

"I think I can, I think I can."

LISTEN to your instructors, read and UNDERSTAND the GPS operations manual, do not deviate from the recommended procedures and you will not hit the hill 1000ft, 500ft or 250ft below the altitude you are supposed to be at.

If you are not rated to conduct RNAV approaches, don't do them.

If you think they are not safe enough to get you home to your kids, then don't do them.

If you don't get into the airport because you won't fly an RNAV approach and you spend the bosses money going to a divert, then tell your boss that you don't like having a FAF waypoint and won't do these approaches.

Have fun driving a taxi when the boss tells you not to bother turning up on Monday.

We all have to start out as a Bloggs so just be a good Bloggs and follow the instructions and you might grow up to be the pilot of a real aircraft one day.