PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multi Crew Co-operation Course (MCC)
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2007, 09:53
Life of Riley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mcc - Eac

This is my first post on PPRUNE, I usually sit on the sidelines reading all of your posts.
However having just completed my MCC at European Aviation Charter in Bournemouth I was so pleased with the course I had to put pen to paper, so to speak.

The course is over 8 days, 3 days ground school and 5 days in the Tristar L1011 simulator.
The ground school is very laid back without loosing its structure and value.
The 3rd day of ground school is type specific on the Tristar, this is the only day spent on learning the specifics of the Tristar as this is an MCC course not a type rating a fact that a lot of people loose site of when choosing a school with maybe a 737 or A320 sim, having said that EAC have just taken deliver of a 737-200 sim which should be online very soon.
The focus is getting you to work together as a team in the flight deck whilst operating a jet aircraft which is not as easy as it sounds not forgetting you have spent the last 250 hours plus as single pilot operations.
Most of the flying is carried out on autopilot as they are not trying to test your flying skills, you have already proved them when you did your CPL/IR, but to get you and the person next to you working together to keep ahead of this aircraft, which believe me is literally twice as quick as anything you may have flown before.

The five days in the sim are by far the best flying I have done to date. In the minimum 20 hours they cover everything from basic radar vector circuits to emergency drills, fire drills culminating on the final day in a route with SIDs STARs etc.

Tony and Dave the two instructors are very experienced airline pilots with thousands of hours between them. With all their knowledge and experience they have seen all the scenarios you can expect to come across in an airline sim check and although not part of the MCC syllabus will run you through them time permitting of course.
Which leads me onto another big plus, as EAC own all the simulators if the sim isn’t booked once you have finished your lessons for the day we where able to stay in the sim to practice circuits etc until the engineers went home.

It doesn’t all end after the MCC when you get that first interview they will give you a free hour in the sim before your interview.

A most enjoyable and productive course all for a very reasonable £2399.

Should anybody wish to contact me for any further feedback please do not hesitate to contact me.

And no I do not work for the company.