PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling Elroy re: training
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2007, 08:42
AAIGUY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Energy is created by endevouring to get the maximum rate of decent High Speed/High Drag/Idle thrust.
If I had a choice to cross Siera at 13, it would be a non issue, however our Chinese ATC friends don't seem to like VNAV profile decents.
The original point of my illustration was only that I have a mate at CX who - IN COMPLYING with the ATC clearance to do the short track mile approach was told it was "too sporty" and he should have requested more track miles.
Others I fly with ALWAYS push to see how quickly it can be done..(all sorts of strategies..slowing to 220 just before SIERA so you have a 100 knots of potential energy and increased descent rates..it's a game)
Everyone is going to fly the plane differently. That's cool, so long at at 1500 on the GS you are within 10kts of Ref and stable..what does it matter.
If our Garuda friends (or Air France in Toronto) did a G/A at 1000 because they were unstable then perhaps those things wouldn't have happened. If at 1000' a CX Checky takes control because you are too fast / too high ect.. then that's one thing. But not letting the guy get the experience to learn is just silly.
White Flag..I am done. Last post on the subject