PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue EBA II (Poll)
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2007, 05:07
Brettslave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is exactly my point, "can draft people on days off during times of staff shortage or when people leave" We didn't have to agree to it again in the last EBA did we? We trusted management that they would hardly ever happen.

Well this seems to happen all too often and quite frankly we are getting sick of it. I know people who have missed out on very important events, and they aren't just one off incidents. This management is reactive not proactive. And there is no signs of changing thier ways.

Trust is an important factor and management seems to be abuse this sort of trust in a big way. I think they expected to pull the wool over our eyes again this time, but as the great Abe Lincoln said;

You may fool all the people some of the time; you can even fool some of the people all the time; but you can’t fool all of the people all the time.

Mr Seat back 2 I love your pearls of un-emotive wisdom, can you tell me in an "adult" way how you can avoid getting drafted when you get a message on sign on 5 days before your day off informing you that you've been drafted.

O'l Shep, I think it's safe to assume the FAAA is not aligned with it's members when they emphatically endorse a yes vote which ends up getting voted down by 9 out of 10 members. Even 6 out of 10 would get you thinking but 9 out of 10 hmmm. For a union to recommend a YES vote you'd expect at leat 55% of it's members to be thinking the same. Why did the FAAA not spend more time finding out what we it's members wanted rather than shoving what the company wanted down our throats.

Call me naive but this sends alarm bells ringing for me

Last edited by Brettslave; 4th Apr 2007 at 05:18.