PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bundle Branch Block and Class 1!!!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2007, 17:17
QDMQDMQDM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At the risk of bruising your id, Wilfred Hyde White was an english character actor of some note. Among persons that exercise their minds and are socially adept such as surgeons, the similarity between WHW and WPW can be used as a mildly humerous aside. Not side splitting funny I grant but, a little tickle that I am sure most of us get.
Spotlight, your painful sense of humour and ho-hum air of superiority mark you down as a surgeon. If that is indeed the case, then thank God I'm not your anaesthetist or scrub nurse and I don't have to grimace politely at your ghastly jokes, repeated for the hundredth time as if they were new.

Every enthusiast for their particular rare cause of sudden death claims it is under-represented in the statistics. But how do they actually know? I see a fair number of young adults with SVTs. I see very, very few young adults dropping dead suddenly. It ain't common and undiagnosed HOCM is almost certainly way ahead of WPW or other aberrant pathway as a cause.

I stand by my statement that it is very important not to be alarmist with someone who has never had symptoms and in whom, so he says, the only evidence for WPW at the moment is incomplete RBBB and a possible delta wave in V4.

QDM