PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I guess we all know it's not the healthiest job...
Old 3rd Apr 2007, 16:13
Dolley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks JUUD for all those useful and interesting links!

IAIN, as much as I agree that we have to look out for each others and ourselves it would be great if more information would be provided and they would make 'health education' part of the initial and recurrent training.

At the end of the day how much do you know about cosmic radiation? I know very little and I consider myself informed compared to most of my colleagues (just on this subject, not in general ;-)).

And cosmic radiation is just one of many bits and pieces all having an influence on our bodies in the longterm so you can't really look out for yourself because you can't feel anything happening, if something is happening.

I guess we all just have to make the decision ourselves if the job/money/lifestyle is worth the health risk. Other jobs have health risks too and some of them probably much worth than ours but it would be nice to be provided with more information by the industry so that the individual can make an educated decision and not one along the lines of 'I'll be alright.'.