PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Time to Passenger Command - 17 Yrs
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2007, 15:48
Numero Crunchero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many yanks did we have 10 years ago? I know we have been recruiting on the freighter side for a while but on the pax fleet it has been minimal. I only know one american and he passed his 777 command last year.

My point is that we really haven't had that many amercians for long enough to state with any surity the alleged anti us bias. I accept that some have failed on the freighter command course but isn't that true of all nationalitys? I know of a few aussie guys that failed their freigther command.

I will say though that the US aviation culture is quite discordant with the traditional CX culture. Maybe that has caused the anti american perception.

Many years ago I think CX pilots were predominantly english. Now there seems to be a more eclectic range but predominately aussie/kiwi. Ten years from now it might be just as many yanks as aussies as I believe CX plan to recruit ever increasing numbers from the states. My point is the airline culture will change with the predominance of other nationality densities.

To the americans out there...unless someone has empirical proof of this alleged bias, I would take it simply as a PPRUNE whinge!