PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS advert
Thread: NATS advert
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2007, 14:47
bratback

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LnL, I think we are kind off talking around the same thing but my point is that enjoying your job and wishing to be as good at it as possible is not the same as having an interest in aviation it's merely being a professional who is lucky enough to like their chosen job. Before I started this job I had no interest in aviation, outside work I still have little or no interest, if it does not affect my day to day working life then no interest at all. If I left this job I would cease to have any interest in aviation at all, and whilst this may sound like a bad boast it's not meant that way, I am merely trying to point out that having an interest should not be a requirement before being allowed to enter the selection process- it does not make you a poorer or better controller. My original point that the inference that those without an interest in aviation are neither as good nor as professional is one I still believe to be held by many and one which I still believe to be incorrect and if not arrogant then certainly verging on it. Sorry if I am going on but I don't believe you would like your ability/professionalism questioned just because you have an interest in aviation.