PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue EBA II (Poll)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2007, 09:49
avery

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Constructive debate is healthy and as has been said, everyone has the right to an opinion without being abused/harassed. The FAAA is bigger than an individual person and should be able to withstand criticism - it is paid by its members to do a job. With nearly 90% of crew unhappy with the proposed EBA, it really should just be a matter of back to the drawing board and attempting to work with the company on an agreement that most crew can live with. I do find blaming one individual for the result a bit rich and a cop-out.

I think the pilots are interested in the Cabin Crew EBA for a number of reasons, the main one being, they feel they have been unnecessarily shafted (for want of a better word) by management and wanted to ensure that the same thing didn't happen to the CC. They were also concerned about the massive amount of 'pro EBA' propaganda and the scaremongering going on and wanted CC to ensure they were happy with what they were voting on.

I don't really see any sinister motives, apart from keeping an eye out for other work-colleagues, which ultimately is a positive thing, isn't it? And Ol Shep, being a pilot yourself, I think you will find it hard to disagree with my opinion on your colleague in question, when you find out who it is.

VB don't have the correct number of crew for the PBS to work properly, so you probaly wouldn't have got what you wanted anyway. It's not simply a matter of voting in some new work rules and everyone will be happy - it has to all been done correctly and is the company willing and able to do that? Let's wait and see....