PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOC 1 Group
Thread: AOC 1 Group
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2007, 09:23
endplay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Surely this is a reasonable philosophical question. If you, as a pilot, are prepared to shoot down an airliner with scores of innocent passengers then I assume you will have rationalised this in a quiet moment. It can’t be that you are merely following orders. After all, you wouldn’t shoot a child simply on the orders of a superior officer, would you? It must be that the deaths you are about to cause are for the greater good. More innocents will be saved by your actions and I salute your “willingness” to even contemplate such action let alone take it.

Now move on. There is no way to stop this aircraft other than ramming it and losing your own life. You’ve rationalised the deaths of the pax as being for the greater good so why not your own?

That, I think, is the question that was posed by the AOC and is worthy of more consideration than is being shown here.

On a lighter note. The rest of the RAF have been telling aircrew to go fcuk themselves for years and if you followed the AOC’s advice you would certainly achieve that.