PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RBS Check Please
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2007, 09:17
BGRing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what you see in my Post is what I added. If it is not in my post #1. It was not added by Me.

Do you disagree with what I added ?

PS thanks for the Spelling Check on My addition.

The relative speed is at its LOWEST on the retreating side(Highest at the Tip On that side eh) and as V squared reduces, lift reduces and the blade flaps down, increasing the AoA and leading to the stall.
Thanks for that.

I could have also added that;

"Due to Pilot corection of Dissymmetry of lift, coupled with the retreating blade flaping down (Increasing AoA) and overall Colective near max"

But i didnt. I only wished to confirm that when the tip stalls it is Failure. Untill then. it is Dissymmetry of lift. (Not counting Reverse Flow as this adds to Dissymmetry of Lift)

Thanks again.
Look forward to Nick and shawn adding to what I also Found to be incomplete. (see paragraph 5 of Analysis here)

Here is an edit of my addition..

Comments please. Always redy to learn some thing new..

"It should be noted that at the onset of RBS. It is the tip of the Blade (Where Relative Airspeed is Higher on that side) that stalls entirely. It has been noted that the tip will start to stall at around the 10 O'clock and be at greatest effect at 9 O'clock and be un-stalled by the 7 O'clock position. It seems almost unlikely that this should happen due to the AoA being less at the tip from built in washout, and also having a Higher Relative Airspeed than the section of blade at the Root, but, as you increase speed with an Airfoil such as commonly used on Helicopters, the AoA at which stall Occurs becomes less.
failure is when the tip has finally stalled. not just the reverse airflow or low lift area near the center on the retreating side"

Last edited by BGRing; 3rd Apr 2007 at 11:19.