PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAC Flying Pay change
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2007, 09:09
AHQHI656SQN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have recently had the party line from DAAvn and his staff regarding the state of the nation. I am appalled by these recent changes to flying pay and like so many, it is another nail in the coffin lid for me. That isn’t why I’m posting though. I think that before we all shoot the messenger, it isn’t the messenger who has caused the current situation.
The Army is broke; no money anywhere and the AAC consumes a vast amount of the Army budget, even more so now the Apache has arrived. Now consider that there are many well established Regiments with friends in very high places who will no doubt have pointed, where necessary, those in the direction of a cost cutting freebie in order to save their own plans and desirable improvements for their own Regiment. I would imagine that with the exception of 16 Bde and now 3 Cdo Bde (thanks to the Apache in Helmand) I don’t think that the AAC has too many friends in Town.

I can tell you that there is work in being done to rectify what has been done. I would imagine this change came as a real googly to those in the crease. It doesn’t minimise the impact to those directly affected. More communication about this would not have gone amiss, indeed this forum is read by those in DAAvn; and though unconventional, a post on here would touch the masses.

Greenielynxpilot, great post