PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue EBA II (Poll)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2007, 08:44
ccguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats Mr Seatback 2, couldn't have said it better myself.

The worst part of this EBA issue is that those who believed that the EBA fitted their lifestyle and OPENLY admitted that they are voting YES were immediately considered to be part of the dark side and were publicly dissed for wanting the EBA voted in. On many occasions I found myself in situations where some staff would get aggressive and very defensive because of how I felt about the EBA. I can't believe that I am working with people who are like this. I just want to come to work, have a good time doing what I am doing and have more of a say in how my roster is constructed, and I believe that this is what the new EBA would have given me. At the moment, I try and bid for morning starts and get all evening starts, I very rarely get the bids that I ask for and I find this very annoying. I do believe that the new PBS that management were telling us about that would come with the new EBA would have given me a better choice of roster.

Also another thing that I found interesting about what 737NG_Girl said was this:

We are allowed to research whichever methods we choose when making a decision regarding the way we voted
In earlier post that I listed in the last thread about the EBA, I was dissed by poster "crewbus" for seeking further clarification of the EBA with an independent outsider (namely my partner). I agree, we should be able to speak to others to seek clarification etc, but just make sure that these people have access to the old and new EBA information ensuring that the information given is informed information and not just onesided.

I for one am one of the minority who thought that this EBA would have worked just fine if voted in. All I can hope is that we do get a second chance at the EBA. Just remember, how many NO votes will Virgin Blue accept before a decision is made to put an end to all of this. No EBA will contain everything that every Cabin Crew member wants. Remember, it is business. We need to have a bit of give and take or we may have another Ansett on our hands. Consider job security and having a pay packet to take home every fortnight.

Here's to a quick and satisfactory resolution.