PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kinloss........Whats Going on?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2007, 02:41
DaveyBoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They may only have diesel-electric submarines, but that would certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons.
Or, indeed, the "torpedo" amongst the "frigate".

Distant Voice, I refer you to the last post anyone made on the subject of contemporary ASW: http://www.pprune.org/forums/showpos...38&postcount=7

I think the point that Mr, er, Point, was making is that just because you don't hear about what Nimrods do nowadays, doesn't mean that it isn't relevant since the Cold War ended and you left the fleet.

In addition, I should like to point out that we don't have "airframes", we have airframes; we don't do "ops" in the Gulf, we do ops; we don't have "moral", we have morale (well, Mr Trotter Sr and I do -- I can't speak for everyone up here); and I'm not even going to respond to suggestion that a Nimrod is incapable of finding a submarine without radar.

What else can I say to your comments? Those who need to know how many aircraft are declared servicable at Morning Prayers are, well, generally present at Morning Prayers, and those who need to know the "story" of 8th Nov already know.

This forum receives very few posts from current Nimrod aircrew, and I just hope that the ramblings of those who are not currently in the loop are taken with the pinch of salt they deserve.

Dave