PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST - 2
Thread: BELFAST - 2
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2007, 23:09
gate 22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its quite late and I think I will hit the hay! . Now Tower Ranger I take it from your many assumptions that 'gate22 is a masculine name!!!! anyway. 'People waving from the window' was not mean't to be literal its kind of like saying, while one is sitting in one's swimming costume or 'Y' fronts, depending on ones gender, having your barbeque, some other person sitting in a 'quiet'(see shortly) plane may get a glance of you i.e. invasion of one's privacy. 'Quiet Planes' like the whisssspppppeeeeerrr jet. I have yet to come across this plane that people always talk about, you know the one, slips in through the back door in the middle of the night takes your keys, next day the cars gone, the damn dog didn't even bark. All planes are loud on take-off/landing when they fly over your house its just that some are very loud. Now all I will say is that from a common sense point of view noboby wants to live anywhere near spitting distance from an airport, do a survey I will guarantee 80% plus - no way. (Spitting distance is a phrase)