PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to convert to an indian CPL-MULTI-IFR.
Old 2nd Apr 2007, 22:58
divinesoul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
) What if I needed the to convert my FAA PPL to the Indian PPL? Are the requirements thre same? Three checkrides seem like a lot? What do they cover in three seperate checkrides?
When i said 3 check rides(day+night+IR check ride) in my previous post its only for the conversion of foreign CPL with IR endorsement.
Does converting an PPL with instrument rating require addiotional procedures?
What do u mean by "additional procedures".
If I have the FAA RT license, can this be easily converted to local Indian RT license without any exam,etc,etc?
A big No.FAA RT licence cannot be converted to Indian RT.Either get an UK RT licence from the US or come down to India and sit for the RT exams.
I have done all my training in a Piper Warrior ( similar to the Piper Cherokee ) and will now start flying Piper Arrows. Are any of these aircraft available in
India?
No piper warrior available in India.same goes for the Cherokee too.
Is an Indian PPL permanent or does it have to renewed?
Indian PPL has to be renewed every 10 years.
How is GA in India? If I wanted to fly from Bombay to a town in Rajasthan like Udaipur, would the trip be feasable with regards to procedures,gas,parking,etc? Is there a great risk of my plane getting stolen at the airport on the same night ?
GA sucks big time in India.GA is nothing like that in US or any other western country for that matter.Its just because of this that there is a shortage of pilots in India for airline ops.
cheers.