PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IMC priveledges
Thread: IMC priveledges
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2007, 16:26
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sometimes I really wonder why I bother trying to help. The fact is I should not need to care, after all I have a JAA IR so why should I give a toss about anyone else who wants to go and get one if this is the way I am going to be treated.
Well we are both in the same camp, but you obviously do and so do I, so it is pointless looking for sympathy from me.

You talk about remit - but whose remit - you talk about wanting peoples views, but when they are given, point out that they are not within your remit.
Look AOPA represents its members - it is a representative organisation and so is the PPL/IR. Without its members these organisations would not exist and there would be no working groups.

I could be very wrong, but I think there are more than a few that are very concerned about the IMCR issue and about the FAA IR issue and would want that included in your remit. I also think it is reasonable they ask why it is not. So far I think we are short of an explanation.

If I have taken your comments out of context I apologise, but I also think that I am not the only one reading the various posts on this thread who would conclude they are far from clear. I am no nearer understanding who is working with whom, who set the remit in the first place, who’s views are actually being represented and so on - in short that is why I said it is a buggers muddle.

If these organisations want to put forward proposals that do not have the support of their members, and more importantly if these organisations don’t give their members the opportunity to comment, then they are on very dangerous ground.

(and for what it is worth it is not personal as I am sure you didn’t decide on what the remit was).

What however you may well take as personal if you wish, is that you rightly appear to solicit views, and you seem to represent these organisations in an official capacit but yet dismiss very relevant comment as being outside a remit that would seem to have appeared out of thin air.