PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Civvies working the Line at ISK.....
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2007, 16:25
Exrigger

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Padraig Murphy:
What happens when the customer goes through another bad year, will he put the contract out for competition, again? If so, then these currently qualified to type techies will jump ship to the next company just to keep a job for probably less £'s and the quality factor may slip again (less money less incentive to do the job properly possibly)?
I quite agree this will/has been a problem , especially when the local Forces recruitment agency person, say like in lincoln has aircraft engineers at lower wages than local security guards/delivery drivers etc. because the local aerospace/engineering firms industry knows that on the whole that ex service personnel have pensions, so a good wage for them is between £12-15,000 + pension puts them over 20 grand. As you quite rightly say it is down to peoples choice if they decide this will satisfy them.

It might be more cost effective in the long run to recruit more and incentivise those already within the mob, rather than "you're time's up and its time to go".
This is what happened to me, "wrong rank, new rules, goodbye".

Absolutely agree, though I do not believe I have put forward anything different, my aim has only been to respond to the various threads that blame "untrained civvies" (ie. ex serving members of her majesties finest, which I find insulting to them) and BAES for all the problems with manpower shortages/aircraft accidents etc (even those they have no responsibility for but are still held responsible).