PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VS A340 pilot breathalysed at LHR: WRONGLY ACCUSED
Old 2nd Apr 2007, 15:58
Portside

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a follow up and in reply to those who have tried to justify the allegations, (thats what they are at this point!). He may well have failed a breath test at LHR, that does not make him a drunk, an alcholic, or an unfit person to take command. And has been pointed out already I as an F/O am able to act in accordance with any emergency procedure with proffesionalism in securing passenger safety and that of the A/C, if the skipper should become incapacitated for whatever reason. The sensationlism therefore of the press has not acted in the best intersts of the publicIn my post I simply wanted to highlight the injustice of all points, pointing South. The second tests carried out at the police station have not been made known to anyone. This will be availed in May, should it have proved a positive 2nd sample.

Security could have informed him of there intentions, and may well have done, we don`t know the facts.

My last point was to keep the mans name secret because if there is no case to answer MUD STICKS!!!

Portside.